Passionate about Ontario’s health-care system? Believe all Ontarians deserve the best care possible? Are you a creative thinker and collaborative team player? Are you someone who believes in continuous improvement and life-long learning? Then come work with us!
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) is the province’s medical regulator. We have a mission to serve the public interest in Ontario’s health system, ensuring patients receive quality care from fully trained, highly competent, deeply compassionate, and ethically guided doctors. If you want to help CPSO fulfill this mandate, please consider applying for one of our career opportunities.
CPSO has adopted Continuous Improvement as one of our strategic priorities. That means we are constantly transforming and modernizing various aspects of our work to foster a culture of continuous improvement and openness to change. If you’re the kind of person who thrives in a dynamic workplace that is always evolving, we may very well be the employer for you.
Rated one of the Greater Toronto Area’s top employers for 11 years and counting, CPSO places a high importance on employee well-being. Advantages include:
- Strong work-life balance, including flexible schedules, parental leave top-ups, work-from-home arrangements, and much more:
- 35-hour work week
- Three weeks starting vacation for permanent staff
- CPSO closes between December 25th and January 1st — an additional week of paid vacation!
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), a defined-benefit pension
- Community-minded staff activities that help raise funds for those in need in our community
- Priority on employee wellness: fitness, yoga, and meditation classes, plus regular seminars on dealing with stress and staying healthy
- Educational grants and other professional development opportunities
- Coworkers who are smart, creative, critical thinkers dedicated to strengthening patient outcomes, experiences, and safety in Ontario.
- A workplace that is both steeped in tradition (we were founded in 1866!), and on the cutting edge of corporate culture and employee policies and benefits
What’s more, during the COVID-19 pandemic we were able to provide a virtual work environment for the vast majority of our staff. Meetings, staff activities and events, and even our fitness classes were all moved online. CPSO has remained committed to employment wellness and engagement during these uncertain times.
The Fun Factor
Yes, we play a very important role in Ontario’s health-care system, but we also have a blast fulfilling it. From an annual cake auction that gets very competitive to an annual raffle with truly excellent prizes, from a “working from home” video contest during the pandemic to a robust calendar of staff events when we’re all back together — we know how to have fun! Best of all, our staff activities help raise money for those in need in the communities where we live and work.
CPSO is committed to being an accessible, diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where the rights of all individuals and groups are protected and all individuals feel safe, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
The College recognizes that Employment Equity plays a crucial part in our journey towards inclusion, and actively seeks to increase its diversity by encouraging and welcoming applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, colour, religion, beliefs or place of origin, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community and individuals who identify as women.
If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, we invite you to notify the Human Resources Department at CPSO.
Testimonials – Actual quotes from a recent staff engagement survey
“Great work, great culture, and great teammates. These experiences have been the best of my career.”
I've worked in many organizations over the past 30 years - none have rivalled the College in terms of the tremendous staff commitment and collaborative culture that have been fostered here.”
“I am most proud to be part of a leadership team who is flexing its courage muscle, challenging how we have always done things and is using informed data to measure success. The College just gets better and better at what they do.”
“I am grateful to do work where I can see the impact of my role in my team, department, and the College as a whole. I feel proud to work for an organization that embraces change, diversity, and inclusion.”