April 23, 2021
- Nomination and applications open.
May 3, 2021 from 10 a.m. to noon
- Mandatory Orientation Session for potential nominees. Please email [email protected] to register.
May 4, 2021
- Nomination and application submission deadline
June 1, 2021
- Online voting begins
June 22, 2021
- Polls close
Week of June 28, 2021
- Results announced
Positions Open for Election
In 2021, 5 Council positions are scheduled for nomination and election in the following Districts.
District 6: 1 position
Counties: Frontenac, Haliburton, Hastings, Leeds and Grenville, Lennox and Addington, Northumberland, Peterborough, Prince Edward and Victoria
District 7: 2 positions
Counties: Dundas, Glengarry, Lanark, Prescott, Renfrew, Russell and Stormont
Regional Municipality: Ottawa-Carleton
District 8: 1 position
Territorial Districts: Algoma, Cochrane, Manitoulin, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Sudbury, Timiskaming
District 9: 1 position
Territorial Districts: Kenora, Rainy River, Thunder Bay
In addition to your passion for making a positive difference in how the medical profession is regulated, we are looking for individuals who:
- Show a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion to help shape the future of medical regulation;
- Demonstrate leadership skills and a solid understanding of the health care system; and
- Are committed to acting in the best interest of the public.
Please find the full list of eligibility requirements in Section 13 of our General By-Laws.
Council Member Skills and Competencies
CPSO is seeking nominations from physicians who can bring a broad range of skills and perspectives to the Council’s work. To ensure that the Council can successfully execute its strategic objectives, Council members are expected to have a number of skills, attributes and behavioural competencies which are outlined below.
- Practice Setting
- Practice Specialty
- Financial Literacy
- Knowledge of Anti-racism and Anti-oppression
- Legal and Fiduciary Knowledge
- Technological Proficiency
- Health Systems Knowledge
- Human Resources
- Policy Development
- Continuous Learning
- Effective Communication
- Planning & Initiative
- Relationship Building
- Results Oriented
- Stakeholder Focused
- Strategic Thinking
To Become a Council Member
Prepare and submit your nomination package which includes:
- Registration and completion of the Mandatory Orientation Session prior to submission
- A completed nomination form
- A current resume
- A nomination statement that briefly explains why you are running for election and highlights what skills and diversity attributes you would bring to Council (no more than 350 words)
- A signed conflict of interest form
- A current headshot (1024x1024 pixels)
Complete all the steps in our nomination package guide and submit your information online.
If you wish submit your information by email, please feel free to download our nomination package.
- Learn about CPSO Council.
- Familiarize yourself with the CPSO’s Strategic Plan.
- Review the Declaration of Adherence and Nominee Information Guide.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].